|Rodga ~ A Sweet|
My little nephew, Ayan celebrates his third birthday on the 1st Nov and this is my way of celebrating with him!!!
Baking for little Ayan !!Happy Birthday Ayan hope you enjoy your day at the amusement park!
My colleague Prashant loves sweets. One day he told me to make Rodga.
Rodga to my knowledge is wheat flour buns and eaten with brinjals and dal I said as much. Then he told me his mom used to make this recipe and I tried it.
First time I made it with dalia and it was crumbly and not what he remembered. So this time I made it with Bombay rava.
We all loved it. In fact I have to remake it soon!!
It tastes like Goan Bath or Bathk here but unlike in Bath there are no eggs used here.
- 1 cup rava
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 ½ cup freshly scrapped coconut
- 1 cup jaggary
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- A pinch salt
- ½ tsp soda
- Roast the rava with a little ghee till you get a nice aroma. You can also microwave it.I microwave in spurts of 1 minute for 2 minutes then for 30 seconds. Stir in between every spurt.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Let it rest for 2-4 hours.
- Bake in greased mould at 150°C/302F for 40 minutes.
- When done the wooden skewer comes out clean.
Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!