Saturday, 11 October 2008

Bhendi Bhaji

We have bhendi almost every week as my kids love it. But we all got bored of the same bhendi fry so I tried this recipe which my neighbor Navelkar Ajji suggested. It was really good.
Ingredients:
¼ kg.Bhendi
1 tblsp urid daal
½ tblsp methi seeds
½ coconut
½ tsp red chillies (as per taste)
3 pepper corns (as per taste)
A lemon sized ball of tamarind
2-3 tblsp jaggery
½ tsp asafoetida
½ tsp haldi
Method:
Ajji’s recipe said:
1. Fry the urid daal and methi individually
2. Add bhendi cut lengthwise and add salt. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Grind coconut, pepper, haldi, red chilli powder jaggery and tamarind.
4. The bhendi went into ½ tsp oil stir fried for about a minute. Add the ground mixture
5. Cook on low flame till the bhendi is done.
6. Tastes best with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright