Thursday, 30 October 2008

Tomato chutney

Generally for parathas, thalipeth or when tomatoes are extra I make this chutney. This chutney is a bit oily and the original recipe used ginger but since my people like garlic I have substituted. The amount of garlic can be adjusted as you need. You can also use onions chopped fine, however fry it till it becomes translucent before adding tomatoes. Use it also as a quick base for any vegetable. It can be stored in the fridge for one week.
4-5 red tomatoes chopped fine
1 tsp garlic
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp haldi
1 tsp chilli powder
Curry leaves
2-3 pieces of red chilli
1 tblspn oil
Salt
Sugar
Make a fodni of oil mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
Add broken bits of red chilli, curry leaves.
Add the tomato and garlic mix well.
Cover and cook till pulpy.
Add haldi, chilli powder, salt and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright