Saturday, 22 November 2008

Egg Curry

Something I enjoy is egg curry but my kids and hubby dear don’t so egg curry is hardly made. I made it the other day as my better (?) half was not coming for lunch and the kids I had made dal to have with rice and some salad. The kids were having their meal when I had gone for my bath imagine my surprise and pleasure when they had quietly finished half the curry. So this recipe has to be preserved and here goes.

Ingredients:
6 boiled eggs
½ tsp jeera
2 tsp Oil
3 onions finely chopped
1 tblspn garlic paste
½ tblspn ginger
2 tomatoes
7-8 cashew nuts
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp jeera powder
½ tsp haldi
2 tblspn chilli powder (adjust to taste)
1 tblspn Kasuri methi
3 tblspn curds beaten
Salt as per taste
½ tblspn Sugar
Coriander
Cream (beaten)

Method:
1) Being the shortcut cook that I am, I generally grind my onions to a paste, but today I chopped them so now I fry them, after making a phodni/bhagar or vagarni as it is called in Kannada, of oil and jeera.
2) When the onions are a bit soft add ginger and garlic pastes and sauté till the onions turn transparent.
3) Puree the tomatoes and cashew nuts.
4) Add to the onion mixture and stir in all the powders and fry till the mixture becomes dry.
5) Now add 2 cups of water, kasuri methi. When the mix starts to boil lower the flame and add the curds, salt, sugar mix well. Add the boiled eggs cut in half lengthwise.
6) Serve garnished with coriander and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright