Monday, 1 December 2008

Paneer Thalipeeth


I had this recipe for palak parathas and I wanted to try it out. Yesterday after I put all the ingredients together and went to add the wheat flour I discovered that the one job I had forgotten was the visit to the chakki. Since it was almost time for the kids to come home from their holiday entertainment of swimming I had to reinvent paratha to thalipeeth.

This is what I did

1 cup cottage cheese/paneer
1 ½ tsp ginger
2 green chillies
1 large onion
¼ cup coriander leaves
¼ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp til seeds
Salt
2 cups jowar flour
1 cup rava
1 tblspn besan
oil

Mix all the ingredients to smooth soft dough. I did not remember to use warm water; you will get softer thalipeeth if you do so. Divide into small balls (bit smaller than a cricket ball). On a non-stick tava, using your hand press on the ball into a paratha, make a small hole in the centre and add a teaspoon of oil. Cook on medium flame till golden on both the sides.

Serve hot with butter and tomato chutney.Here i have served it with onion chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright