Sunday, 14 December 2008
My SIL showed me this method of cooking rice. Its a nice change from the regular pulao and 'phodni ch bhat"
1-cup long grained basmati rice.
4 ripe tomatoes (chopped fine)
2 tablespoons Oil
2-3 Red chilies
Red chilli powder
10 cashew nuts
Salt to taste
1. Wash and cook the rice with 1&3/4 cups of water.
2. In a kadhai put oil when hot add mustard, hing, haldi, curry leaves,
3. Break the red chilies in to two and put in the oil.
4. Add cashew nuts, fry till a little reddish.
5. Now add the tomatoes, red chilies and fry till the oil separate.
6. Add the cooked rice, salt, and sugar mix well.
7. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
The Mad Scientist's Kitchen!! by Archana Potdar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.in/.