Sunday, 14 December 2008

Tomato Saar


Tomato Saar the very name is a sigh of relief for me, for I just cannot go wrong with this one. There are two ways of making it the first one is as my MIL made it ,the second is an adaptation once as my husband said that it is too heavy and thick.
For the first one you will need

4-5 tomatoes blanched
½ a coconut (grated)
2 tsp jeera
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust as per your taste)
A small bit of jaggery (adjust as per your taste)
½ tsp ghee
2-3 pieces of red chillies
1 spring of curry leaf
3 cups water
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. Peel the tomatoes, grind with the coconut and 1tsp of jeera.
2. Heat ghee and add jeera, red chillies, curry leaf.
3. Add the tomato puree, red chilli powder, jaggery, water.
4. Add water and salt.
5. Boil for 4-5 minutes adjust the curry taste.
6. Serve hot.

In my adaptation I have stopped using coconut and I use a little hing in the phodni.
Serve with rice.

1 comment:

  1. yum!!really great to sit with a bowl of this saar in the cold!!!The site looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright