These days when there are so many peas available I tend to make a lot of allo muttar i.e. potato and peas. My kids love it and hubby dear eats it without complaint.
4-5 potatoes medium sized
1 cup peas
3 tblspn oil
1 large onion, grated
3 cloves garlic
2 med tomatoes chopped fine
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp pav bhaji masala (you can add garam masala if you prefer)
1 tsp of beaten cream
Coriander for garnish
- Peel and cut into pieces potatoes (I do not peel my potatoes I soak them overnight and scrub them in the morning.).
- Heat the oil and fry the onion till brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic fry till light brown.
- Add the tomato, mix well and fry till the tomato is pulpy and well mashed.
- Add salt and all the dry masala. Saute for a minute.
- Add potatoes and cook. When the potatoes are well cooked add the peas, mix well and cover and switch off the gas. Keep covered on the gas for at least 5 minutes.
- add the beaten cream mix well. Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with chapatti.