Sunday, 18 January 2009

Allo Muttar

These days when there are so many peas available I tend to make a lot of allo muttar i.e. potato and peas. My kids love it and hubby dear eats it without complaint.

4-5 potatoes medium sized

1 cup peas

3 tblspn oil

1 large onion, grated

3 cloves garlic

1''piece ginger

2 med tomatoes chopped fine

Salt

1 tsp red chilli powder

1 tsp cumin powder

½ tsp turmeric

½ tsp pav bhaji masala (you can add garam masala if you prefer)

1 tsp of beaten cream

Coriander for garnish

  1. Peel and cut into pieces potatoes (I do not peel my potatoes I soak them overnight and scrub them in the morning.).
  2. Heat the oil and fry the onion till brown.
  3. Add the ginger and garlic fry till light brown.
  4. Add the tomato, mix well and fry till the tomato is pulpy and well mashed.
  5. Add salt and all the dry masala. Saute for a minute.
  6. Add potatoes and cook. When the potatoes are well cooked add the peas, mix well and cover and switch off the gas. Keep covered on the gas for at least 5 minutes.
  7. add the beaten cream mix well. Garnish with coriander.
  8. Serve hot with chapatti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright