Sunday, 18 January 2009

Oats


Oats was always considered baby food or food when you are sick. So when Pappa brought a tin of oats I was quite upset, as I was sure no one would eat it as porridge, the only way I knew to cook oats. However Pappa told me was that I could add buttermilk. I was in no mood to experiment so I made porridge and some granola bars (the recipe of which I had modified) finished the tin.

The other day when I was shopping for my groceries hubby dear was with me and he brought a packet of oats and told me to make the granola bars again. Now coming from him this is very high praise I still have to make them. I will make it patience…………. patience.

On the packet there was the website address for more recipes. Curiosity, my middle name and I found the recipe for my no hassle breakfast. I have basically modified the recipe from this site

3 tblspn oats

1 cup water

¼ tsp salt

¾ soup bowl buttermilk/ or ½ cup curds

1 Green chilli (Adjust as per taste)

1/2 knuckle sized ginger (say ¼ Inch)

Green coriander

Asafoetida (optional)

Grated carrots, capsicum.

  1. Boil the water with the salt.
  2. Add the oats and cook. Cool.
  3. In the meanwhile whip buttermilk or curds with the ginger and coriander in the blender to form a smooth paste. Mix with the oats.
  4. Refrigerate.
  5. Mix the carrots and capsicum and Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright