Sunday, 8 February 2009

Kande Pohe



Every time I am late it is"pohe" time, fast to cook and appreciated by all. I generally make "kande pohe" as my FIL is diabetic but you can substitute onions with potatoes. Hubby dear loves it with tomatoes, fried after onion also but my kids don't. So in general I have zeroed down to this one.
Here for a trail I have used 1/2 cup peanuts in the fodni.


1 cup poha
1 medium onion
3 green chillies (Adjust as per taste)
A few curry leaves
1 tsp mustard
1 tblspn sugar
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tblspn oil
A few curry leaves
Salt (Adjust as per taste)
Lime juice (Adjust as per taste)
  1. Chop onions fine, slit green chillies.
  2. In a colander add the poha and wash in running water. Keep aside.
  3. Sprinkle the salt, sugar, and chilli powder.
  4. Heat oil add the mustard. When it crackles add green chillies and curry leaves. Add the turmeric.
  5. Sauté the chopped onion in the oil till it becomes soft.
  6. Add the washed poha. Mix well.
  7. Cover with a lid and steam for 2-3 minutes.
  8. Serve hot garnished with coriander and freshly grated coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright