Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Vegetable Fish Curry


I am writing after a gap of more than one month. The last month we have spent getting my brother married and wedding food you know……..
Yesterday I cooked after a long welcome holiday, we would have loved fish curry and rice, the Goan staple, but since my FIL is home with us and he doesn't eat fish we had the veggie alternative. The taste was wonderful, 'awesome' as my younger kid put it.
I am sorry there are no photographs as I kept postponing the clicking and the stuff was all over.
I am however recording the process for my future reference.
1 potato, peeled cubed into 8 pieces
3 big florets of cauliflower cut
6 pieces of pumpkin
To grind:
1 ½ cup coconut freshly grated.
3 chillies (Adjust as per taste)
1/8 tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp turmeric
Lemon sized ball of tamarind
Grind the ingredients to a fine paste using little water.
In a pan boil potatoes with a little salt.
When they par boiled add the washed and drained cauliflower.
As the cauliflower is parboiled add the pumpkin and the ground mixture.
Adjust salt to taste.
P.S. I used these vegetables as these were all I had but radish, carrots, green peas etc can be used. Veggies like radish, carrots will need longer to cook so they need to go in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright