Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Chana Dal Khichidi

My punjabi aunty taught me to make Chana Dal Khichidi. Its easy to make and takes really yummmmmmm........

Ingredients:
1 Cup Chana Dal soaked in water for 30-40 min
2 cup basmati rice
Ghee 2 teaspoons
1 spoon jeera
3-4 whole elaichee
Pepper
2 long cut Onions
1 teaspoon Garam masala
Salt to taste

1. In a kadai, add ghee to heat. When hot, add the jeera.
2. Fry onions, till they turn pink.
3. Add pepper and whole elaichee to the onion mix and fry for 2-3 min
4. Add garam masala and salt to take
5. Next add chana dal and fry for 1-2 min
6. Add rice and water to let the khichidi cook.

Khichidi is ready. This tastes great with curd. You could roast some papaas well.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pooja, Great to see you blogging. I will try this recipe out in Sunday. Will tell you how it tastes then.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright