I enjoy having food with my colleagues in the afternoon. It’s not a big assembly but all the same enjoyable all of us share what we carry and food tastes better and of course you learn new recipes or learn a modification.
Alba had brought “Strawberry Jam” and also “Grape Jam” and of course I had to try it out.
The best part is both the jams don’t need any colour.
I will post the pictures next time I make them.
Ingredients you will need are
450 grms strawberry
225 grms sugar.
1. Crush strawberries in the mixer (only one round).
2. Transfer to a thick bottomed pan and add sugar.
3. Heat on medium flame till the mixture stars to thicken. Till this point you can stir occasionally.
4. Once the mixture starts to thicken lower the flame and stir continuously till the mixture clumps together.
5. Transfer to dry bottles. Take care to keep the bottles on wooden surface while transferring the jam and let it cool on the wooden surface only.
PS. This is the plate test to test the readiness of jam.
In the plate test pour a small quantity of jam on a cold plate. Chill it in the freezer for 30 seconds. If your jam is ready it will be firm to touch. Remove the pan from heat.