Sunday, 25 April 2010

Eggless Cookies

My friend Vidya was on a lookout for cookies without using refined flour or maida. One evening, she came to my place with balls of cookie batter and told me to preheat my oven to 180C and bake them.
The cookies got fantastically burnt as we were chatting and forgot about them; also since I always use auto bake option I am not sure about the time I need to bake them.
But we managed to taste the one lonely cookie that had managed to escape charring and loved it.
So I baked a small batch the next day on of course auto bake and they were good. (it requires 15 minutes) You could try baking at 120 C till they are golden brown. My daughters, the chocolate worshippers since they wanted chocolate flavor so I made them with cocoa and chocolate chips. Next time I am going to smuggle in a few oats.

The ingredients are very simple
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup Bombay Rava
1 cup besan
1 cups ghee
1 cups powdered sugar
1tsp baking powder
2 tblsps curd (optional)
4 tblsps cocoa
Chocolate chips
Method:
1. Beat the sugar and ghee till fluffy.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to form soft dough.
3. Since my dough was very dry I used curd to bind the mixture.
4. I let the dough rest in the fridge for 1 hour and baked about 12 cookies. As I was feeling lazy I let the dough stay in the fridge for 1 day and baked again I was surprised that they turned out much better than the earlier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright