Thursday, 8 July 2010
Mirchi" made by Kusum Maushi, her aunt and boy, did I hog on it!
So itwas my duty, nay solemn duty to make it here in Goa.
Between the taste I recollected and the phone calls to Smita I
recreated the recipe.
Then as per perdition of Smita Bai I found the
recipe that I had jotted down in the now numerous books that I seem to
Here is the authentic recipe as dictated by Maushi.
¼ kg chillies,
1 cup red mustard
¼ cup salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup lime juice
1 cup oil
1. Wash and dry chillies cut into pieces.
2. Fry methi/fenugreek in oil, drain and powder.
3. Powder mustard, add lime juice and run the mixer.
4. Add the turmeric powder, hing salt and mix.
5. Add chillies.
6. Make a phodni( Oil And mustard )cool and pour over the mix.
Store in fridge.
The Mad Scientist's Kitchen!! by Archana Potdar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.in/.