Thursday, 27 January 2011

Bhopla che Bharit or Pumpkin Salad or Raita

Pumpkin Salad


Many times my MIL made "Bhopla che Baharit" which is red pumpkin mashed salad. There are no fixed proportions that make this simple yet tasty salad.  You can boil the peeled pumpkin in the cooker with your rice and daal.

Today I added grated carrots since I like the colour of these carrots known locally as Delhi gajar.

Ingredients:
1 Cup boiled pumpkin
½ cup curds
A little cream (optional)
Oil
 Mustard

Jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi  seeds
 Hing/asafoetida
1 green chilli (adjust as per taste)
Curry leaves
Coriander
Method:
1.       Mash the boiled pumpkin.
2.       Beat the curds and cream mix, add salt with the pumpkin.
3.       Heat oil and crackle mustard, Jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi  seeds, hing/asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies.
4.       Serve chilled.
I am sending this to Taste of Pearl City's event Any One Can Cook
hh

9 comments:

  1. I Heard about this salad Dear! but never tried this at home...very interesting...tempting clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the name..looks delicious :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very tempting and yummylicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very tasty. I am hoping it will work with canned pumpkin as I have some in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I hv posted this salad very recently dear...looks yumm...you can even send this to my salad event...chk my blog for more details

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like pumpkin much. Your dish look so tempting i can give it a try once

    Cook Healthy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting, delicious pumpkin salad..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new recipe to me, sounds interesting. Looks very inviting too. Thank you for linking this delicious recipe with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright