Thursday, 13 January 2011

Hara Bhara Kabab

Things have become pretty hectic in Office and so I have not blogged or visited any of my fellow bloggers.  I intend to rectify this now on.
Hara Bhara Kabab  is something that had made some time ago I came across the photograph and remembered that I had not blogged this.
I made this when my kids told me to make them  when they saw me blanching some palak, leftover after making palak salad.
Here is what I did
Ingredients:
1 cup spinach/ palak, blanched
½ cup peas, steamed with a little salt
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic (optional)
A handful of coriander
2 big potatoes, boiled
6 sliced of bread soaked in water and squeezed dry
Salt
Rava/bread crumbs
Oil to fry
Method:
1.       Grind to a fine paste the palak/spinach, peas, green chillies, garlic, coriander.
2.       In a big bowl grate the boiled potatoes.  Ad the palak and bread mixture.
3.       Add the salt. Mix to make the dough. ( Do not knead it  a lot as it becomes sticky).
4.       Apply a little oil to your hands and Make small flat balls with the dough.
5.        In a bowl add the rava or bread crumbs  and coat the balls with the mixture.
6.        Shallow fry with a little oil. Reddish on both the sides.
7.       Serve hot. Here I have served with pungent red chutney and tamarind chutney.

3 comments:

  1. Hii..I loved this..How do I follow your blog? Please enable follow widget..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I have enable the widget. Can u try now?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright