Friday, 11 February 2011

Cauliflower and potato vegetable


I had watched the great cook Madhur Jaferry make this on BBC long time ago. I loved the way she demonstrated this simple recipe and from then on Cauliflower and Potato is one vegetable that is always welcome on our table. 
The only change that I have made is reduced the oil used and added a tomato.

Ingredients:
About ½ a kg cauliflower cut into florets
3 potatoes boiled
1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi
3-4 greed chillies slit (Adjust as per taste)
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp haldi/turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder (Adjust as per taste)
Sugar
Salt
Today I used 1 tomato
Coriander
Oil

Method:

1.       Peel the boiled potatoes and cube them. Wash and drain the cauliflower.
2.       Heat oil in a kadhai and add jeera.
3.       When the jeera blackens add   cauliflower.
4.       Mix well and cook under cover till the cauliflower becomes a bit reddish and looks toasted.
5.       Now add the rest of ingredients. Mix well.
6.       Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7.       Remove from the flame and stand covered for about 10 minutes.
8.       Serve hot.

Cauliflower on Foodista

9 comments:

  1. Looks colorful. Goes well with Roti or Rice.

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too gud to have potato and cauli flower.lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. An all time classic combo..loved your version too :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cauliflower with potato looks to be awesome. Very colorful as well. Great cooking!

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curry looks awesome - bringing some hot phulkas over to your place :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellow!
    I love your site, It is a pleasure to visit.
    I have added your site to my site.
    Please link my site to your site.
    Thank you!

    http://amaja567.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a delicious and my fav combo..looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this cauliflower widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with cauliflower,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply delicious to have with roti...

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright