After I saw this recipe of cookies here I went a bit crazy. Never have I seen some lovely recipe where all the ingredients are available at hand. Easy to make and they great taste!!
I read about them just before lunch and as I was heating up and laying the table I mixed the ingredients, baked after lunch.
The kids were okay with the cookies but my best compliment (which are very very very rare in coming) was from my husband, after he came back from work he found the cookies lying on the table after he ate them he asked me where I brought them from. Yippee!
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup ground almonds
½ cup softened butter
Milk as needed for to make soft dough
Pistachios or pista for decoration
1. Since my oven has auto bake for cookies, cakes and pies I use that. However you use preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In the mixer I added 20 almonds (10 were enough) with the cardamom and to make up the level in the mixer blade I added sugar and ground it up.
3. Mix the dry ingredients
4. Add the butter mix. Add milk about 1-2 tsps to make a soft dough.
5. Divide in 24 equal parts. Make small balls, press the pista bits in the dough and bake till golden. (14 minutes in my oven).
6. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container.