Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Healthy Salad

When Pia announced her event of Innovative salads with Strawberries, Pineapple and apples I was sure I will not be participating here at all.


What salad will I put together? the only salad I could think off was fruit salad. And  I have strict instructions from my daughters not to mix fruits with ice-cream or custard and spoil both. Please give them separate.




But I thought of making fruit chat of  pineapple and grapes. I was supposed to add apples later. 


So I make chunks of juicy pine apple  and cut the green and black grapes in half. 


As I was making Pasta for my our dinner I had red and green capsicum chopped. Some  found their way in the salad.


Next when I opened the fridge for cheese the sweet potato waved out to me. I fetched him cut him up and he joined the pool of growing salad.


Next I added some chaat masala, pepper powder, chilli powder, rock salt and a pinch of sugar.


 But something was missing so next I added cumin powder and pepper powder. But still something was missing!!


We ate it up. Hubby and I mixed it with pasta tasted good.


 After we finished I remembered the cheese and the apples that I meant to put. 


Better luck next time.


Sending this to Pia's Event of Innovative Salads Event #2-Fruits

17 comments:

  1. SImply awesome, can have this salad anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your daughter loves eating salad as it is...Good

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad's truly healthy and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy healthy salad...perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks vibrant and flavorful salad...love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, colourful and sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks so delicious n refreshing!! What a nice flavor combination!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely salad, would love to have this anytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. colorful tasty and yum!...all my favorite fruits...thanx for visiting my blog!...keep visiting!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  10. healthy delicious combination for the salad

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful salad you made. so colorful and refreshing. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. salad looks amazing..mouthwatering n delicious...first time here..u hv a lovely space..
    visit mine as time permits..
    sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright