Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Raw Mango Chutney



Summer is my favourite time of the year because of MANGOES! Both raw mangoes and ripe ones I love them!

Considering the fact that our tree is in no mood to cooperate the other day I brought raw mangoes. 

Six lovely green raw mangoes! I cut one almost immediately and my daughters and I ate it with salt and chilli powder!

The second and third one I grated after peeling them and made mango chutney the recipe of which I am detailing below. This is my mum’s recipe and a traditional one made in my home town.

Ingredients:
 1 cup raw mango, grated
1 cup chobra (dry coconut), grated
1 tblspn red chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
 Small marble sized ball of jaggery
½ tblspn oil
Mustard
Hing/asafoetida
Methi/fenugreek seeds
Salt

Method:
1.       Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, add the hing/asafoetida and methi/fenugreek seeds and switch off the gas.
2.       In the mixer mix all the ingredients and grind to a fine paste using water if necessary.
3.       Serve with chapatti or rice. The best taste is when you eat chutney mixed with rice and ghee.


Sending to Gayathri's Cook Spot




Se

19 comments:

  1. Looks so good..love the flavor of raw mangos..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw mango with salt n chilli powder...that makes me drool here.:-(
    Chutney looks yummy n spicy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy chutney !!! loved the texture !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tongue tickling mango chutney,slurp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahha.. mouthwatering.. anything with mangoes is sooo yummm
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one is my favorite chutney too...u made it very nicely
    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am drooling all over it..love love love this chutney..YUM!!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy ....all time fav with kanji...BTW archana, thanks for trying out...ofcourse I will be delighted to see ur post on that..also...why dont u try my garlic rolls...it is a the most fluffiest and soft rolls....and it wont go wrong also....just use instant yeast...any help....ping me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey dear- am really glad that you tried the focaccia recipe n it worked for you..thanks for all the wonderful comments n welcome the the " bread baking " club :))
    And yes..you can definitely post it ..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will do this same.but adding jaggery is different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mouthwatering recipe...slurppp

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...thats tempting n appetizing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious and droolworthy chutney. Thanks for sending..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb Looking Chutney, Arch -- am drooling!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright