Friday, 15 April 2011

Corn Toast.


I love to cook but since I hate doing the same repetitive jobs I like to keep it short and sweet. Corn toast was one such effort. I had made it long time ago, once my SIL told me that they taste good.


Yo u can use fresh corn or frozen corn. I used fresh corn after cooking in the cooker for 2 whistles.
Ingredients are variable but I used
150 grms corn
1 cup crumbled paneer
1 onion chopped fine
1 clove garlic, grated
½  tsp ginger paste
Green chilli paste
½ Green capsicum
½ Red capsicum
½ tblspn oil
Salt
½ tsp Pepper powder
1 tblspn Tomato sauce (optional)
Coriander

Method:
1.         Cook the fresh corn in the cooker till tender.
2.         Meanwhile heat oil in a kadhai ad the ginger, garlic and ginger. Cook till the raw smell goes away.
3.         Add the onions and fry till translucent.
4.         Add the corn stir in the salt and the pepper.
5.         When all the water evaporates add the capsicum and paneer.
6.         Add the tomato sauce, coriander. Cool.
7.         Spread or should I say stuff on the bread slice and grill with a little butter applied to the bread on the outside.
8.         Serve with tomato sauce and mustard sauce.



16 comments:

  1. such a quick, simple and tasty recipe. thnx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very quick and easy snack/lunch and breakfast idea! last day to link to my fast food event - please do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful looking toast dear. Looks so inviting.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slurp..what a yummy sandwich..Looks soo inviting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The toasts are scrumptious and delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the sandwich.. fast brkfast..

    new to ur blog n happy to follow for more wonderful recipes..

    do visit me when u get time dear..
    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never say no to toast, corn toast looks irresistible,makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a nice toast looks flavourful

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so delicious and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Corn toast looks inviting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delicious. love corn toast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it...

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright