Thursday, 21 April 2011

Raw Mango in Salt


We have "Amli" and "uman" that is raw mango preserved in brine and fish curry with rice at Kaki's place.
Before I made these beauties I rang her up to confirm the method.

 Her Daughter-in-Law Sharayu(she is my friend too)  brought the stones and guided me as to arrange the mangoes in salt. Thanks Sharayu you are great.

Since I did not have a big enough plastic tub to accommodate these raw mangoes and the stones to weigh them down  I put them in the big strong plastic bag. 

 8 days under the rock and these are ready.Then transferred them to the bottle.. For 30 mangoes I used a bit more than 1/2 kg of coarse salt.

Serve with rice, steaming hot,daal, pickle and papad tastes as good!!

21 comments:

  1. Yumm..Absolutely mouth watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slurp,mouthwatering here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea...I love this pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very yummy! Tingles with the taste buds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slurp....I love them...Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey these are my fav too...can u tell me why the stone is used....and can u share the correct measurement of salt...

    ReplyDelete
  7. just reading this recipe make my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- these are to die for pickles! we call these vadu mangais and make it much the same way as you did -- but I am curious about those long stringy green things also floating atop in the bag... what are they??

    ReplyDelete
  9. tangy mangoes.goes well with curd rice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nisa - I used about 1 1/2 cups (standard measures)more than half kg.
    The stone weighs down the mangoes and the salt enters the mango also. In the past I have tried making these without the stones and the mangoes had to be binned.
    @Priya: Those green strings are green chillies. i should have used the local fiery ones for better taste.But :) did not used the ones at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finger-licking good. I miss raw mangoes so much here:( This pictures are very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. this pickle looks fabulous mouthwatering

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks gals! I wait for your delicious comments.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very simple ,tangy and mouth watering pickle....superb!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright