Friday, 10 June 2011

Ambe che Satt or Mango Jam

Hi All!! I am back after a long long break!!   
I missed you all a lot !!
I know my reading list is miles long but slowly and surely I will read all of them. 


I have always loved mangoes in all shapes, forms and sizes ripe as well as raw!! so in the  last two months I have put on enough weight which I am finding a bit problematic especially when I am to discover that I do not fit in last years rain clothes!!:)
In Rome like Romans be so this time I decided to make "Ambe che Satt" or Mango Jam. A typical Goan preserve of mangoes.
Knowing my family's dislike for sweets I brought only two Mussara mangoes,  these are special kind of mango  available in Goa for jams. I also added one Alphonso as I could not resist it.


Ingredients:

3 mangoes pulp about 500grms
1 1/2 cup (katori) about   180 grms sugar

Method:
  1.  Transfer the pulp of the mangoes in a thick bottomed pan. (I used the pressure pan).
  2.  On low flame heat the mangoes. Stir constantly. Please be careful as the jam bubbles and splatters. The burns from the process are painful.
  3.  When the pulp leaves the sides of the pan and becomes a bit translucent add the sugar and stir.
  4.   Heat for about 4-5 minutes and switch off the gas. Let it cool a bit in the pan.
  5.   Transfer to a steel container.


I am told that it lasts for about a year in out of the fridge but I am not taking any chances and hence it goes in the fridge.


10 comments:

  1. Lovely looking mango chutney. Lop smacking delicious.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and wonderful jam !! that too with mango !! love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum...mango jam looks great..wonderful recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see u back after a long Archana, mango jam looks super delicious and glossy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back dear :) The jam came out perfect, love homemade preserves!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ...absolutely mouthwatering jam...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum ....home made mango jam sounds so great ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back dear! Mango jam...yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys. Glad to know I am not forgotten!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright