Hi All!! I am back after a long long break!!
I missed you all a lot !!
I know my reading list is miles long but slowly and surely I will read all of them.
I have always loved mangoes in all shapes, forms and sizes ripe as well as raw!! so in the last two months I have put on enough weight which I am finding a bit problematic especially when I am to discover that I do not fit in last years rain clothes!!:)
In Rome like Romans be so this time I decided to make "Ambe che Satt" or Mango Jam. A typical Goan preserve of mangoes.
Knowing my family's dislike for sweets I brought only two Mussara mangoes, these are special kind of mango available in Goa for jams. I also added one Alphonso as I could not resist it.
3 mangoes pulp about 500grms
1 1/2 cup (katori) about 180 grms sugar
- Transfer the pulp of the mangoes in a thick bottomed pan. (I used the pressure pan).
- On low flame heat the mangoes. Stir constantly. Please be careful as the jam bubbles and splatters. The burns from the process are painful.
- When the pulp leaves the sides of the pan and becomes a bit translucent add the sugar and stir.
- Heat for about 4-5 minutes and switch off the gas. Let it cool a bit in the pan.
- Transfer to a steel container.
I am told that it lasts for about a year in out of the fridge but I am not taking any chances and hence it goes in the fridge.