Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Cheesy Potato Nests


The other day my younger daughter came from school and told me she has the recipe for Cheesy Potato Nests and that she wanted to make it. I just said we will make it on Sunday when I have the time to go through her recipe. I thought she will forget all about it. She did not! 

She started telling what we will need on Friday evening it was then I listened to her. Really listened. I am guilty of not listening to her when she tells me things after coming back from school since I have too many things that take priority. I am sorry baby will try and remember what you say also counts!

So she made, my baby Akanksha made Cheesy Potato Nests with her father as I had too many things on my hand. It was her Father’s Day gift which her father helped make!!

So on Sunday we had Cheesy Potato Nests and salad!! Yummy!!


You will need 6 ramekins since the yield was double we used the ramekins twice.

 Ingredients:
6 big potatoes (about 1 kg)
1 tsp pepper
175 gram butter
½ tsp chili powder
Salt
250 grams Cheese (we used Britannia)
1 tomato chopped

Method:
1.       Boil, cool and mash the potato.
2.       Pre heat the oven to 200°C
3.       Grease the ramekins with butter.
4.       Mix well 1 tblspn of cheese, salt, chili powder, butter and pepper in the mashed potato.
5.        Stuff the ramekins with the potato mixture till a little about ¾ full.
6.       Make a small well in the centre and stuff the cheese and few pieces of tomato.
7.       Bake the nests for about 8 to 10 minutes.
8.       Slide them on to a plate.
9.       Serve hot.




For the second round we improvised, as the nests were too delicate and we found it difficult to get the cheese and tomatoes the right side up.  So add a few pieces of tomato and the cheese then stuff the potato mixture. bake and invert over the plate it comes out the tomato side up!!

Next time I will add some veggies like carrots, cauliflower, peas and corn. Lessen the amount of butter and cheese.!!
 What say you??

26 comments:

  1. Very new to me.. looks absolutely delicious !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply superb!!! I want to grab that plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious...looks very yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking potato nest dear. Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely nest kids recipe is remarkable

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so lovely n delicious..so sweet of ur daughter to make this for father's day..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love that irresistible potato nest, simply irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks awesome dear..lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun recipe to make...and they sound really delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mouthwatering here dear! Owh my...please pass me some! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very delicious and colorful looking nests. Your daughter is also on her way to become a master chef like yourself.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute potato nests !! looks so delicious !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks to your daughter, now i have a recipe to try.. the nest has come out so well.. looks delicious!
    AmmaandBaby

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this...beautiful n inviting click Archana..:)

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow nice recipe,looks delicious and healthy.Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. woww... absolutely delicious... snap is too tempting.. im getting aroma here :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. woww... absolutely delicious... snap is too tempting.. im getting aroma here :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. : P thank you all for your lovely comments!!!!!!!!!!!:D <3<3






    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum, wonderfully done! My kiddo will love this one, I guess I should bookmark it :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Archana, thanks for visiting my blog. You may the pictures now. This is my first time to your blog. You have got some interesting recipes here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. archana- loved your blog's status - harassed by me part had me in splits !! :D ! loved your daughter's sweet gesture on Father's day- totally yum !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great dish to celebrate Father's day.
    I don't remember having this type of potato nests but they sound delish. Thanks for sharing Archana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all of you! My kid is thrilled and is crowing that she has so many comments. Thanks for making her day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My My...Ur daughter is also following ur path and mastering the culinary skills:-) It looks soo yummy n colorful:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like your daughter is soon going to harass dishes of her own :) Its great she takes such interest... nice recipe... I hope she is reading the comments too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright