|The Egg-less Chocolate Cake! This is how tall it was!!|
Amazed at this gargantuan cake! Well I was too and it has a story behind it…
My friend Vidya came around the other day on her way out for her evening walk and left behind a container for me to microwave as hers was for repairs. She said it was a cake and to just microwave it for 10 minutes. She had also left behind a sachet of Eno’s fruit salt to be used if needed. I used it!!
Since all my micro containers were for a wash I took out the microwave rice cooker that I rarely use and just store my extra dish cloth in it and used it. Boy was I glad I did it, the cake was huge anything else and I would have spent the evening moping the oven floor and cursing her (especially since she was on her way to a party by then)!!
Of course she shared the recipe with me!! We do that regularly. What more you use regular gehu ka atta to make it.
2 cups whole wheat flour (yes whole wheat /Gehu ka atta)
1 ½ cup sugar
½ tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tblspn cocoa
1 tblspn drinking chocolate
½ tsp instant coffee (my addition)
½ tsp vanilla essence
2 tblspn butter (I used salted butter)
½ cup curd
½ + 1/3 cup milk (I used 1 cup)
2.5 grms Eno’s salt
1. Melt the butter totally add the curds and milk. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients except the Eno’s salt in a big bowl.
3. Add the butter mixture. Mix well. It is okay if the mixture is soft dough consistency the sugar will melt. Keep aside for 4 hours.
4. Grease a huge container. Mix the Eno’s salt in the batter and transfer to the container.
5. Microwave for 10 minutes or till the knife inserted comes out clean.
Sending this to Pari's 'Only Series' of events is here at Tamalapaku this month and this time it would be