Friday, 29 July 2011

Garlicky Cheese Toast


It is raining in Goa. It does not get cold but after coming back from work inspite of the raincoat you are a bit wet and want something warm.  
What more than a warm veggie soup and toast? Toast that has garlicky cheese spread on it and grilled crisp?
I will tell you about the toast first.  

Ingredients:
2 heaped tblspn cheese spread
5 slices cheese
½ tblspn tomato sauce
2-3 cloves garlic
1 packet of chili flakes (I did not use this but will taste lovely)
¼ tsp Basil (optional)
¼ tsp oregano
Bread slices

Method:
1.       In a medium bowl add the cheese spread, cheese slices, crushed garlic, tomato sauce, chili, oregano and basil.
2.       Microwave on high for 20 seconds or till the cheese slightly melts. Mix well and microwave again till the cheese melts fully. About 20-30 seconds.
3.       Spread on the bread and grill till the bread is crisp.( A few that I grilled were not crisp. This is my FIL's plate picture)!
I was called kanjoos as I spread this mixture thin.
Once we have also added olives slices to this cheese. It tasted yummy.

Archana



Garlicky Cheese Toast on Foodista

11 comments:

  1. crispy grilled toast is tempting
    do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect companion to any Italian meal ~ especially when it looks as good as this :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks perfect and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy Toast, Love the Soup and Crunchy Veggies on the side too...


    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesy, yummy & tempting!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Archana
    Very nice toasts and I am going to try it . I dont think you have done any Kanjooshi with the spread !!
    Cheese spreads are very high in moisture and not good for toasting with a thick layer.
    Have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. ufff lots of cheese....is making me crazy already...lovely crunchy toast

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright