The event Let’s Get Stuffed Series started by Vatsala and hosted by me is constantly at the back of my mind and I am thinking of new ways of stuffing Capsicum or Bell peppers. Thanks Vatsala else I would be thinking only of potatoes stuffed in capsicum. If I could type as fast as I think I would have filled reams and reams of net space with my drafts. J
I had made white sauce thinking I will make some pasta but then the circumstances changed and I was left holding the white sauce. Rather than dump it in the freezer I decided to stuff capsicum with it. A bit radical but yes I did stuff them and yes we all loved it!
2 tea cups White Sauce
200 grms tofu
1 tsp oregano
1 basil leaf (dried), crushed
2 tblspn tomato sauce(optional)
1 pinch of nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp Pepper, ground
1. To make white sauce here is the link, you can make it this way ,with Maida/all purpose flour/refined flour to get a creamy white sauce, but in my hunt to make food healthy and delicious I have started substituting the Maida with whole wheat flour. Of course it is no longer white but reddish but I like it this way for I know it is healthier and the best part is the family does not notice any difference.
2. Meanwhile toast the tofu on a non-stick pan.
3. Add the toasted tofu , coriander ,tomato sauce nutmeg powder, salt and pepper to the white sauce.
4. Cut 6 capsicum lengthwise and cleared all the veins and the seeds. (Next time I will smear a drop of oil and pinch of salt and a pinch of oregano inside the capsicum to give it a flavour).
5. Then add the sauce mixture in the capsicum. You could sprinkle oregano and dried basil as I have and dot the capsicum with 2 drops of olive oil.
Grill it in the oven with both the grills on for 10 minutes or till the capsium changes colour and the sauce is appears cooked.
Enjoy it by itself as my elder kid did it or with roti as we did it.
P.S. The amount of white sauce will depend on the size of the capsicum.
You can also add grated cheese before grilling . I plain forgot.
In the last picture I tried roasting the capsicum on the gas in a kadhai . I did not much like the texture of the sauce. I am open to all suggestions the right side one is roasted in the kadhai.
And to Lubna's Joy from Fasting to Feasting-IV