Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Healthy Savoury Dosa~Bloghop Wednesday


There are 2 events around which my kitchen revolves these days they are ….
First is my Event – The Lets Get Stuffed ~Bell Peppers or Capsicum and second is The BlogHop Wednesday!

I expect all of you my dear friends to don your thinking hats and send me exiting entries for stuffing the Bell peppers or Capsicum. Here are some of mine.

And yes I am a part of this exciting experiment started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. We are paired with different partners every other Wednesday and this week I am paired with Kalyani also known as Mom Chef!
 
The title suits her to the T or should I say C? Amazing recipes & pictures!

I was totally at sea for I was just seeing each recipe seemed better than the earlier one! Finally I choose the simple Healthy Oats Dosa or The Savoury Oats Dosa!!

Here is Kalyani’s recipe

Here is mine as usual I had to fiddle with the ingredients. My husband’s my best critic and friends words not mine so I was expecting a total failure in the system so I was quite amazed at the results!!

My daughter, the younger one loved it and polished off 3 small ones. Mind you I am not complaining she is most welcome it is a BIG COMPLIMENT! The “kurkur kombdi“ that is the loosely translated as the brooding hen or clucking hen eating without complaints!

Ingredients:
1 cup Oats, crushed
1 tblspn rice flour
½ cup Rava
1 tblspn barley flour (optional)
¼ cup besan/kadli hit/chana daal flour
Salt
Chopped green chilies (optional)
Chopped coriander
1 onion, finely chopped
½ cup butter milk
Oil
For tempering: Mustard seeds, jeera/ cumin seeds, and hing/asafetida

Method:
1. I soaked all the dry ingredients in the butter milk and since the batter was not the consistency needed for dosa hence I added water.
2. Let it stand for 15-20 minutes.
3. Make the tempering by heating the oil and spluttering the mustard, jeera/cumin seeds/jeerigi and hing/asafoetida. Pour in the batter. Mix well.
4. In the batter add the chopped onions, coriander, chillies and salt.
5. To make the Dosa: add a ladle full of the batter on the non-stick tava lightly greased.
6. Spread lightly. Cover and cook.
7. Flip on the other side cook and serve with chutney or as kiddo had with tomato ketchup.
After the first Dosa I did not use oil at all.

Thanks Kalyani for this wonderful inclusion in my daughter’s diet and Radhika for I have the opportunity to meet new friends and try different recipes!

Please do send me some entries for my event here.



Archana

27 comments:

  1. Dosa looks amazingly delicious and not to mention healthy.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dosa and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never tried this..absolutely tempting archana..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an healthy dosa even i love adding all these healthy cereals n lentils..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes for a healthy & tasty breakfast!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing combo of healthy ingredients, never had it but it is definitely something I want to try right away :)
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  7. so wonderful and delicious dosa !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Appetizers

    ReplyDelete
  8. kurkur kombdi- gee i liked that phrase; sweetly written post and the dosa has my thumbs-up !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dosais look crisp and yummy! nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love to experiment with various ingredients for dosas..this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. healthy and delicious dosa..looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious! Healthy dosa instantly.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!!dosa is quite healthy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  14. great healthy food.must try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Instant dosas are always welcome at my place, simply delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  16. dosa looks so crispy and using oats has made it healthy too...my dosa always tend to break when I try to lift them :(..glad to follow you..do visit my space
    A Girl's Diary
    Event:
    What's On Your Kebab Platter:win a gift

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love oats dosa! very healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice and healthy dosa...first time here and am gonna follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks all of you. The dosas were very tasty but not crisp.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright