Cauliflower one veggie we make often! The versatility of the veggie is such that it can be made into a quick stir fry for chapatti& rice, or fried for a snack or make into a pickle with a slight shift in ingredients. Each has its own charm, Own following!!
So when Priyaof Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes, announced the veggie of the month as cauliflower to be hosted by Tiffincarriersantiques.blogspot.com I knew I would be sending my entry here.
I would like to send this entry that my SIL & I had long long ago copied from somewhere.
1 medium sized Cauliflower cut in bite size florets
Oil for frying
For the Gravy:
2 big or 3 medium sized onions
6 flakes garlic
1”piece of ginger
½ tsp Coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp amchur powder
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp pav bhaji masala
½ cup milk(for low fat version else use fresh cream)
A few springs of coriander
1. Soak the cauliflower in water and salt for about 10 minutes.
2. Drain it and with a little water and salt cover with a lid and par boil the cauliflower. Say about 5 minutes or till you get the aroma of boiled cauliflower. (2 minutes in the microwave).
3. Drain the cauliflower, reserve the water and dry the florets on kitchen napkin.
4. Heat the oil and deep fry the florets till golden brown, drain. Keep aside.
5. As you are frying grind the onion pieces in the mixer with garlic, ginger and the coriander leaves.
6. In a separate kadhai/wok with a little oil fry the ground onion till the raw smell goes. Now add the crushed tomatoes. Stir fry till the water evaporates and the oil starts coming out.
7. Add all the dry masala and fry till you get a nice aroma.
8. Now add the cauliflower, stir. Add the milk. Adjust the seasonings use some of the reserved water for adjusting the thickness of the gravy.
9. Bring to a boil. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Linking this to Black & White Wednesday too!