F or the Blog Hop we meet sensational cooks and inspiring ideas.
So when I hopped over to Pratima of Prats Corner I made lovely tofu and paneer burgers. Here is the recipe for the burgers in case you have missed it.
So after I made this burger I found that I had some leftover marinade ( Let’s face it I prefer to make a biiit more than necessary to take care of unforeseen emergencies) . So I had some extra marinade and some mushrooms, capsicum and small onions all cheerily waving out to me as the former two sat in the fridge and the onions are a bunch that we buy regularly before the rains in the local fair called “purmet”.
So it was logical that I put them out of their misery and make something out of them and so I did.
Left over marinade
Wooden skewers soaked in water
1. Wash the mushrooms pat dry and cut them in quarters.
2. Wash the capsicum, remove the seeds and veins and make big pieces of them.
3. Put the mushrooms and onions n the marinade and let them stand in the fridge for atleast ½ hour.
4. Now on the skewers thread the mushrooms, capsicum and onions. (be careful with the onions as they are not the kind of veggies that will allow you to impale them without a fight).
5. Brush them with oil and grill in the griller on a low rack for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve with mint chutney.