Like I said in my last post here I will try Payasa/Kheer made out of peas.
Since it was Pappa’s birthday yesterday i.e. the 29th Jan this virtual Payasa/Kheer is for him.
I am sure I will hear complaints that it is not sufficient but then Pappa you have to come down to Goa for this or make it yourself. Here is the recipe for you!!
1 cup green peas (I used fresh)
3 cups milk
¼ cup sugar (adjust as per taste)
2-3 green cardamom, ground
A thick bottomed kadhai/wok
A spoon to stir (Amitabh Bachhan is fine)
Your blender or mixer
1. Wash the green peas and drain them in a sieve.
2. Put the milk in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok and put it on the gas on low flame. Stir occasionally bring down to ½ the original quantity.
3. Now add the sugar and peas and let it boil till the peas are well cooked.
4. Now let the whole thing cool fully. (This is important).
5. Transfer the contents to the mixer in case your hand held one is not working and grind the peas to your satisfaction.
6. Boil it for a few minutes after transferring it back to the kadhai/wok and add the cardamom powder.
7. Serve chilled.
P.S. I felt it will be easier if you ground the peas first. Fine will be better you will not have the peels in your mouth. Otherwise yummy.
Happy Birthday Pappa!!
Linking this to Taste of Pearl City's Anyone Can Cook Series 40