Saturday, 14 January 2012

Sabudana Thalippeth


I would first like to thank all of you my friends for the lovely messages, prayers and thought that you have sent when I was feeling depressed.

 I do realize that I am just a small pawn in God's master plan and he will give me strength in the form of you guys. 

From now on I will take care of my health and blogging also for both are food for my life. They uplift me. I realize I cannot function without the other.


Long ago I had posted the recipe of sabudana khichidi you can find the recipes here,here and here but I had also mentioned that you can make sabudana thalipeeth. Here is what you will need.

Ingredients:
3 cups sabudana/sago, wash & soak overnight with a little water

¼ cup groundnuts roasted, peeled & ground (you can use ½ cup or more if you want but I avoid as we get acidity also I do not peel the groundnuts)

2-3 green chillies (adjust as per taste), chopped fine

Juice of ½ lemon or 1/2 cup curd

½ tsp Sugar

2 tblspn coconut

1 tsp jeera seeds

3-4 tblspn milk

2-3 potatoes boiled and grated

Salt as per taste

Coriander, chopped fine

Ghee as needed

Method:
1.     Mix all the ingredients except the ghee to soft dough.
2.      On a non stick tava take a tennis ball of the dough and flatten.
3.      Make a hole in the centre and add 2-3 tsp of ghee and fry on low heat covered till one side is done.
4.      Turn over and fry the other side.
5.      Serve hot.
6. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Since the tava will be hot pat the ball on a foil, my SIL does it on a plastic and transfers it to the tava. Since I am not comfortable with either methods I use 2 tavas  alternately, waiting for them to cool down.

 

Archana

12 comments:

  1. Delicious looking one. Love it. A very Happy Makar Sankranti to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY YUMMY..Thanks for posting

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this item using Sabudana before. Sounds lovely Archana. Hope you are back in good health now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking sabudana preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious looking thalippeth. The God runs the world and every day moves to a better future. You are in our prayers. All will be well.
    I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, nice recipe. good that u r feeling good now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds delicious!!I only know sago as a dessert...this is new to me..
    Hope you are keeping good...For me Food blog helps to release tention of the job & gives some energy to do everyday cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  8. very delicious and tempting..bookmarked it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. super delicious thalipeeth..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish to have some rite now,just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright