Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Tomato Rice ~A Blog Hop

F or the Radhika's Blog Hop this time I am paired with Kaveri again.
I wanted to try some of her rice recipes so as I was prowling her place she posted this yummy Tomato Rice. This one was quite different from what I make so I was definitely interested. 

 I did not have peas else I am sure the rice would have looked and tasted better.  


 Ingredients:
2 ½ cups rice cooked and fluffed
2 onions
4 Tomatoes  
1 Green Chili   
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder (adjust as per taste)
1 tsp Masala powder (which was left over)
Oil
Mustard seeds
Cumin seeds
 Salt to taste
 Sugar (optional)

Method
1.     Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chilly.
2.     Heat oil and ghee in a Kadhai, once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds till the mustard splutters.
3.    Add the green chili and chopped onions. Sauté till onions are transparent.
4.     Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, and fry till oils separates.
5.    Add salt, masala and red chili powder. Mix well.
6.     Finally add the cooled and cooked rice and mix well. Adjust salt.
7.     Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.( I did not have any so there is no garnish in mine).

Linking it   to Blog Hop Wednesday Week #14
Google Groups

Archana




39 comments:

  1. One of my favorite rice recipes. Looks yummy.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and temptin tomato rice. Wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomato rice looks really good..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My all time fav...love it with or without peas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very inviting and delicious rice !!

    Ongoing event CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice yummy recipe...my fav one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very delicious rice, one of my comfort foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for trying it out Archana..Looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Archana, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Archana, it looks so delicious. I love all types of rice and tomato is another fav. Gonna have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at tomato rice makes my mouth water. I make it similarly too.. or used to make it during bachelor days.. i haven't made it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely one pot meal Archana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love tomato rice a lot..you have made my day!!Looks delicious..

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quick n Easy Lunch Box Recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes Archu, yellow cake mix is a boxed mix, so nothing to measure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, love delicious this tomato rice look :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks delicious. This is one of my fave comforts foods that I fall back on.!

    My event- Valentines Day Special

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi archana :) my first time to your space..Blog hopped here :) . Such a simple & tasty dish..do drop by my space..following u now :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. one of my favourite rice dishes, colorful and falvourful

    ReplyDelete
  20. a perfect lunch box recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow today i pack this for my lunch box, urs looks delicious dear...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks perfect, I always love tomato rice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely clicks Archana. I'm sure without peas also this tasted great.

    Tickling Palates
    Event : Let’s Cook – Sweet Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always Love this Rice, Aha,you made me to make some now dear.....

    Archana, I have been very busy lately, sorry didn't get to your Asparagus Questions earlier.. you can trim them at the end (or length until you bend and break at the edge). Try this out for sure, this is a wonder veggie, First try making a simple fry like beans fry or curry with milk ( like turai), I am sure you will love it.
    Here is another link with pictures..
    http://yummyodds.blogspot.com/2011/03/asparagus-fry-step-by-step.html

    Hope you will enjoy..
    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. just mouthwatering...excellent presentation..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  26. Delicious one pot meal.Archana as for the question use chocolate chips or use Cadburys.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so yum! Love tangy tomato rice, feel like having it now ah.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright