Monday, 12 March 2012

Cauliflower Salad

My friend Vidys’s mother made this delicious salad to go with her famous Prawns Khichidi.

Prawn Khichidi is something that we all relished and consumed and this was an ideal side dish.

Yes I do eat and relish Non-Veg. food I just do not cook it. Like my friend Sheetal knows fish is my dessert. No amount of cajoling on her part can make me eat it first with my rice or chapatti.  So she calls me all kinds of feline names but just for the awesome fish she brings for me I just let it slide by. Ha-ha!!

Coming to the salad here is what you will need.


Ingredients:
2 cups cauliflower, chopped in fine pieces
Green chillies
1 tblsp roasted peanut powder (optional)
2 green chillies, chopped fine (I generally just slit them)
1 ½ cups curd
Salt
Sugar (optional)
Coriander, chopped fine
Red capsicum a few pieces for garnish

Method:

1.     Soak the cauliflower in salted water for some time. I generally add a tsp of turmeric too.
2.    Drain the cauliflower and parboil them with very little water and some salt. Set aside to cool.
3.    Beat the curds; add the green chilies and peanut powder if using it.
4.    Add the cauliflower, mix a check the salt.
5.    Serve chilled garnished with the capsicum and coriander.
Archana



17 comments:

  1. This combination is new to me cauliflower and peanut powder salad combination....Thanks for posting this

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a different salad with peanuts powder in it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely salad, never tried with gobhi, looks nice..

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gr8 recipe .new to me try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. gr8 recipe .new to me try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prawn kichadi and cauliflower salad, both sounds totally new and interesting to me. She must be an expert, as it sounds,looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats quite a new one...looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearing this recipe for the first tym n i m gonna try it out. Thanks for sharing.
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mix between raita and salad. Wonderful way to eat cauliflower, and prawn khichdi sounds awesome too. Aren't you going to get the recipe and make it for our sakes? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..awesome recipe

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Umm Mymoonah She was an expert. The best in fact.I miss her.
    @La @FoodSlice my squeamishness when it comes to cooking non veg food is legendary. Since she is no more I will try to get the recipe from her children but I am doubtful if they know or ask them to find out and send it to you. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its just so unique to make salad with cauliflower! WOnderful recipe and thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow too delicious salad.. bookmarked def try dish..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow a new salad... very fresh looking.. do visit http://noelcollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. that sounds too yummy.. and i think i could try that prawn kitchdi too...seems like my thing.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright