Saturday, March 24, 2012

Roasted Potatoes


Simple is the best. What can be simpler than grilling potatoes in the oven? 
This is my entry for BM#14, Group 2, Day2.

These are by no means unique they do put up an appearance in the blog world regularly but the girls love them.


This I made because every time we go the local supermarket Kiddo 2 always wants to buy the potato wedges, smiles or some other stuff just like that. rather than pay a bomb I opted to make them.

 They get done as I am cooking in the morning and are ready to eat in the evening when they come back. They prefer to eat it with tomato sauce or sweet chili.


The ingredients are very simple you can add or remove any as per your convenience so here goes.

Ingredients:
½ kg Potatoes cut in wedges (I used baby potatoes)
Salt
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tblsp oregano
1 tblsp Italian seasoning
1 tblsp olive oil

Method:
1.    Mix the potatoes (usually they are soaked and scrubbed I do not peel my veggies unless it is unavoidable) with all the ingredients except oil.
2.    Let it sit for at least ½ an hour.
3.    Take ½ the potatoes and mix with ½ tblsp oil.Spread on a foil in a single layer in the oven.
4.    Grill with both the grills on for 20 minutes.
5.    Let them cool before grabbing a few and popping them in your mouth.


Archana


25 comments:

  1. who doesn't love roasted potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archana, I loved the name, the recipe , the pictures everything..they look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious roasted potatoes and the herbs I am sure really add to the flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very tempting ... post .. though its my fav.. i try to refrain from seeing it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful!!..wedges r awsum with those peels and herbs..n no guilt!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that's so tempting!..good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and made this as a starter for my kid's birthday. everybody loved it but seeing your brilliant looking roasts I just realised i dint savour any that day. have to make some for myself real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the wedges.You rightly said simple is best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely delicious wedges!!! The pics look awesome and so tempting....

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey just made them for a dinner party :) love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wedges too! I am yet to attempt the right way at home.. have managed to burn them & undercooked them too :)

    Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey that is so mouthwatering. I love roasted potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kid love baked wedges a lot..looks nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment...You can contact me @themadscientistskitchen@gmail.com
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright