Friday, 13 April 2012

Tomato Gralic and Onion Chutney with Paneer



I am sorry that I could not post my Blog Hop on 11th April as I had migraine and could not work. In fact today is the only day that I have done some work, barely managed to cook. Please accept my sincere apologies.

With this as the rules of Blog Hop say I will not be able to participate anymore so this is a bye bye from me. I really enjoyed myself and had a great time. I will definitely join in the next round of Blog Hop.

Coming to Blog Hop recipe Week #16 recipe I was paired with Sona of Spill the Spices. 


I loved the chutneys Sona has at her place especially the Onion Tomato and Garlic Chutney. Here is the original recipe and here is mine.

The reason I had to make changes in my chutney recipe was that I realised as soon as I finished making the paste that the girls have finished the last of the tomatoes and to make paneer bhurji, the veggie for today, which was to take care of the spoilt milk, I have none. 

Late for work and no option as we need a veggie this delicious chutney got a makeover as below with great regret. The taste was different from what bhurji I make regularly and have posted ages ago but delicious.

So these are my ingredients:
1 big onion, sliced
3 tomatoes, sliced
7-8 garlic (hubby is garlic lover you can scale it down)
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp urid daal
250 grams paneer
½ tsp turmeric
Salt
Oil

Method:
1.    Heat oil in a kadhai/wok. Add the urid dal and fry for a minute. 
2.    Add garlic, onions and fry till onions are translucent.
3.     Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt and sauté for 4-5 minutes or till the tomatoes turn mushy. 
4.    Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
5.     Grind to a smooth paste.
6.    Now in the same kadhai/wok add the paneer and heat it for a few minutes, say 2-3 minutes.
7.    Add the ground paste, turmeric and adjust the seasonings.
8.    Serve with chapatti.

Once again thanks Sona for yummy chutney I am sorry I am late in posting this recipe. Thanks Radhika I had a great time here.
Liking this to the Blog Hop Week #16.
 


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. wow very new and innovative recipe..luv the addition of paneer..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon , the chutney looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious! nice color too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Archana.. nice way of using left over Paneer, i usually make a lot and then forget to include.. :)

    Why are you ;eaving Blog Hop Archana ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flavorful chutney and nice combo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. flavourful and delicious chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi archana, sorry, i cant comment on your dish as i don't know anything about it. may be i should be a scientist too and make my own discoveries... and call lentils as chick peas. ha ha. hope you have fully recovered from your bad migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very delicious and flavorful chutney. Hope you are feeling better now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply love ur version,wat a lovely twist to usual chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paneer in chutny is a nice twist. Hope you are feeling better.

    Vardhini
    CooksJoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. chutney with paneer..sound very interesting..loved the colour and texture..nice recipe.
    Anjana

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks Archana for trying out this recipe.. hope u enjoyed it..

    Spill the Spices

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright