Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Peanut, Coconut & Onion Chutney


Making dosa for breakfast is nowadays out of question.
 I am invariably late so the dosa have to be made by hubs, maid also is in a hurry and they get on each other’s nerves. So to avoid the associated problems I have started making dosas in the evening for dinner. They are eaten hot and the kids also are around plus I can take care of their thin and thick dosa orders.


One Saturday evening I made dosa but to make the chutney I ran short of coconut and green chillies. So I   made this chutney. The chutney was in great demand infact the last 2-3 dosa had to be eaten with chutnipudi and oil only.

Ingredients:

 1 small cup fresh coconut, grated
1  onion, chopped coarsely
2-3 cloves garlic
2 springs or curry leaves
1 tblsp red chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
a handful of roasted peanuts
Salt
Gooseberry sized tamarind

 Method:

1.    Put all the ingredients in the mixer and grind to the required thickness.
2.    Add water by teaspoons if needed.
3.    I had a little tempering of jeera, mustard and hing left over so I poured it on the chutney.

Take a look.  

I Served it with oats and  rava dosa.
Enjoy!!

 


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. That was pretty fast @Vijayalakshimi and Kanan. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple and delicious chutney :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combination, looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new look of the blog is good Archana, especially the punchline ;) chutney sounds delicious..have tried peanut chutney, but not with coconut, shall try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try adding tamarind.. Will not get spoiled soon...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect with crispy crunchy dosa...yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect clicks! First time in ur space . Glad to follow u .Check out my blog in ur spare time
    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yummy ...
    Nice blog !!
    Glad to follow you :-)
    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe
    Lemon Rice

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...tempting chutney..trying it out this weekend!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious recipe... looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you found a solution that makes everybody happy. Thank you for contributing to My Legume Love Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow.. Yummy yummy chutney. I'm going to try this!! Todays's recipe - http://yashodhaskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/10/semiya-semolina-vegetable-upma.html

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright