Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Chocolate Pudding


 I love the fact that my family is waiting for me to unveil the desserts these days!

 Normally I do not make desserts.  I live with a family of picky eaters (who does not) but my elder one, Apeksha   does not eat sweets, younger one, Akanksha is not predictable, dairy milk and she is happy, hubby avoids them and FIL is diabetic. It’s too much trouble for the one person left ...me!

I would rather rack my brains for something that we will all eat. This rarely happens!

In preparation of BM #20  I make this pudding and un-moulded.  Was I in for a surprise? I had absolutely no expectations from it. In fact I was not expecting it to come out so beautifully ... no sticky mould, And so very smooth....

Even as I was admiring it I was wondering what the topping should be when disaster struck! Akanksha tasted it and gave me a lot of “bad press.”


So I just cut slices and stuck them on a plate.... anyway this is a disaster I thought why bother?

Then Apeksha came to my rescue, she tasted it and relished it,” Mamma it’s delicious!  Pint size does not like it as it is not sweet enough for her. Top it up please.”  

So with a dribble of chocolate sauce this was a hit! Do try it out.

So here it is this is again from some recipe book that I have xeroxed, it maybe a Tarla Dalal recipe but then again she rarely uses gelatine so I am not sure. In case you know the author please let me know and I will update it.

Chocolate Pudding 
Serving 4
Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tsp gelatine
8 tsp sugar
1 tsp honey (I used golden syrup)
1 ½ tbsp custard powder (I used strawberry flavour)
3tbsp cocoa
½ cup (100 grams) cream
1 small milk chocolate (about 50 grams of semi sweet)
Walnut halves for decoration (I did not use)

Method:
1.    Mix custard powder and ¼ cup milk.
2.    Heat the rest of the milk with sugar.
3.    When it boils, add the dissolved custard, stirring continuously.
4.    Cook for 2-3 minutes, to make thin custard. Do not overcook.
5.    Soak gelatine in ¼ cup water.  Keep a bigger container of water barely simmering and Heat on low flame to dissolve gelatine.
6.    Add the gelatine to the chocolate custard stirring continuously. Add golden syrup.
7.    Cool the custard by keeping it in a bowl of cold water.
8.    Mix ½ cup cream in the cooled custard.
9.    Keep in the freezer, touching the bottom of the freezer, till it sets (1/2 an hour).
10.Remove and decorate with whipped cream, chocolate flakes and walnut halves. (I did not do this).
11. Keep in the top shelf of the refrigerator.
12.Chill again in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving.

Notes:                                                                                          
 Gelatine should not be more than 6 months old.

All rights reserved on photographs and written content are copy-written @The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen!! unless mentioned. Please Ask First
  Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. looks and sounds delicious. Kids will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum, irresistible pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rely has turned out very well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear, wow soooo much chocolaty, i am drooling right now.
    Sent entries for your event-BAKE FEST.

    do participate and send this to my EVENT AND GIVEAWAY-SHOW ME YOUR DESSERT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archana..i understand when u say better to put brains somewhere else..no one wants to eat sweets..and its only my waist line which is affected...anyway..the pudding surely is fantastic..dont worry BM ers will be happy takers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply irresistible!! I feel like having a scoop now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious pudding Archana. Here my hubby is diabetic so sweets are usually eaten by me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm, tempting

    ♥ Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    ♥ Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !!! Love it.... Finger licking...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks heavenly! I can dig up the whole thing and not leave a bite. :)
    Thanks for linking to Cooking Made Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pudding! No flour used, right? Julia from JuliasAlbum.com

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright