Saturday, 15 September 2012

Ultimate Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies



This is the case of the disappearing cookies!!

 I have baked the twice now and both the times they have disappeared, mysteriously!!Apparently no one has got more than 1 cookie but of the 9 I baked the first time and 12 the second in a family of 5 they are disappearing. Making a mess of what I want to photograph. So these are my first shots that I have to be content with.

Let start right in the beginning, when I said that I have to make cookies for  Baking Partners  this time around my kid no 2 was excited and she wanted to help me. Before I could read the recipe she had read it and decided that Mamma is making the 

Ultimate Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies


 To persuade me she listed out all the ingredients and went on ticking what we had at home. Ultimately the only thing I had to buy was brown sugar and eggs.

When I went shopping I forgot about the brown sugar and so I substituted with white sugar and 1 tsp cocoa powder.

I must say that the cookies were delicious and soft and just melted and manage to just  disappear!!

Many thanks Swati for choosing this delicious recipe at least for some days the question what are you giving in my tiffin has an enthusiastic response. Then I plan to shift to the next cookie, then the third then back again to recipe 1.

So do check out this Recipe by Tina ofhttp://www.pinaycookingcorner.com
Ultimate Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies 

Ingredients:

2 ¼ cups (255g) all purpose flour
¼ cup (32g) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. (8g) baking powder
226g salted butter, softened slightly( my good old Amul)
113g Cream Cheese at room temperature (see notes below)
1 cup (201g) granulated sugar
½ cup (110g) dark brown sugar (I substituted with white sugar)
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. (30ml) heavy cream (see notes)
1 tsp. (5ml) pure vanilla extract
85g bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
225g of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used only 100 g) 

Method: 


1.    Preheat the oven to 180C and line the tray with baking sheets with    
butter paper.
2.    In a medium bowl, sift the flour with the cocoa powder, baking soda and    
      salt (if using).
3.    Combine the butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar and
beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Beat in the eggs, heavy cream and vanilla until blended.
5. Hand mix some the dry ingredients till the flour is mixed the at low speed
     beat in the dry ingredients.
6. Add the melted chocolate and chocolate chips and beat just until  
      incorporated. 
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes or up to 2
    hours, mine was in overnight.
8. I made small balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets,     
    spacing them two inches apart.
9. Bake for 12 minutes until the cookies are just set.
10. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer
     them to a rack to cool completely.
11. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Notes:
1.    For 113g of cream cheese I hung 1 cup of curd overnight, in the morning I took only 36g of the hung curds, mixed it with 36g of paneer and 36g of fresh cream (Amul). The mistake here was I should have used the chutney jar and crushed the paneer then added chilled the cream and curd and beat it. Since I added all 3 together in the big jar and I was worried that I will end up with butter I had to hand beat it on ice.
 Unnecessary extra work but I am learning. : D
2.    As heavy cream is not available in India take the Amul fresh cream do not shake the tertapack snip off and measure 2 tblsp.
3.    The last two steps that are cool on the baking sheet and transfer to wire rack and store in air tight container were theory in my case. They had as I said mysteriously disappeared.
 Linking this to 


Bake Fest started by Vardhini guest hosted by me.



All rights reserved on photographs and written content are copy-written @The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen!! unless mentioned. Please Ask First
  Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Hey Archana, nice cookies. No doubt they dissapeared so quick.

    Had one question, where did u get the chocolate chips in Goa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and lovely preparation. Wonderful cookies.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies have come out very well Archana! Nice way of making creame cheese at home.delicious cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Archana,

    You are right, these are delicious and perfect cookies, disappears in seconds. You done very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so yummy.....mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies looks like they have come straight out of a store bought carton. Very nice clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raksha Chocolate chips you can get in Magsons, Naiks both at Mapusa and Margao. I have not visited the Margao shop but I understand it is available there too.

    I am hosting Bake Fest all through Sept ’12. Do send me your entries
    I am also hosting Fast Food Not Fat Food 1st Sept to 15th Oct ’12. Do send me your entries

    ReplyDelete
  8. those look deadly delish, Arch!!! wish I could taste them :) - And I did not quite figure which flowers you were talking about dear - I check the last 4 posts and i have no flowers in them - do get back to me so I can let you know

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookie look absolutely delicious...yum..

    ReplyDelete
  10. So yummy, perfectly made

    ♥ Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    ♥ Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrumptious cookies...they look fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks toooooooooo perfect....
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super tempting,irresistible cookies,love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so well done, Archana. I bet no one can dare to leave a bite. :)
    Thanks for linking to Cooking Made Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you're saying! The cookies I made disappeared in a flash! They're really so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely yummy and perfectly baked chocolate cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are so proportional :) COngratulations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks delicious and love the addition of cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright