Saturday, 5 January 2013

Ragi Cupcakes BM#24



After I made these strawberries once they disappeared encouraged I made them again. Only to be told they are too sweet. Unwilling to bin them I made these muffins.  

The basic recipe is what I learnt at Vandana’s I have only replaced the maida with ragi.

Ingredients:
·        100 grms ragi flour
·         100 grms amul butter
·         1 cup strawberries & chocolate puree
·         100 grams sugar( you can use upto 125 grms but then I found these sweet enough)
·         2 eggs
·        About 40 grams chopped walnuts (optional)
·         ½ tsp vanilla essence
·         ½ tsp baking powder

Method:
1.      Melt butter in aluminium container carefully. Cool it.
2.      Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixer and keep aside.
3.      Sift the ragi with baking powder.
4.      Pre heat the oven to 150°C for 5-10 minutes.
5.      Add the sifted ragi to the butter. Mix.
6.      Add the eggs and sugar mix.
7.      Add the vanilla essence and mix.
8.      Finally add the pureed strawberries and nuts (if using) I did not. Reserve a few for garnishing.
9.      Pour the batter in the prepared tin and bake at 150°C in a prepared tin bake for 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes till the knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Notes:
1.      After 10 15 minutes remove the batter and add nuts on top.


Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#24 
Sending this to Kids delightvalli's page, WTMLMakar SankrantiNew UMakar Sankranti, 

Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too! 

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Healthy & soft..Loved the idea of adding ragi..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy & soft muffins...Loved the idea of adding ragi..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ragi and that too in cakes is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is very interesting.... love the idea of using ragi in place of maida!!! bookmarking it!!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Mission - Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy n very super moist cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raagi instead of maida, this is a treat and a healty one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really so healthy making it with ragi..looks very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy and healthy ragi cupcakes. Wonderfully prepared.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy cupcakes. Will try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting cupcakes with ragi. Thx for linking.

    Vardhini
    Event: New U - 2013

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fav nachini...like 1, like 2, like 3....Can I grab one. Pls...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Archana regarding your query on my blog, I got the hibiscus powder from the kadhi gramodyog bhavan here. Let me know if you need some, I shall send it across :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. Ragi flour cupcakes--what a healthy & delicious addition. Looks yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so moist and soft..bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...the flour is lovely to bake with :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved these healthy cup cakes Archana.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice sponge and moist for unconventional flour

    ReplyDelete
  18. Healthy cup cake niceeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright