Thursday, 1 May 2014

Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins

Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins

For baking partners Swathi set us a challenge for baking Carrot Cake and Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins!
I wanted to make both but Since I have been having problems at my site, been blogging for one month I have been very busy so I made these delicious Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins. Let me tell you the word chocolate had me making these for they are sure to find takers at home plus I have 4 slabs that need immediate attendance before rains was an added impetus . :D


I have made the Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins as it’s has been given the only substitutes have been salt and unsalted butter have been replaced by Amul. Also I left the Streusel Topping as this was sweet enough for us.

Must say they were delicious, so delicious that in 15 minutes all 12 of them have disappeared. In fact I am glad I took the pictures immediately for the girls did not wait like they usually do.

Thanks Swathi and Tamy for a delicious addition to my bakes.

Cinnamon Chocolate Babka Muffins

Adapted from: Portugese Girl Cooks
Ingredients:
For The Dough:
  • 1/2 cup whole milk, warmed 110 degrees
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp instant rapid rise yeast
  • 1 large egg at room temperature
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tblspn salted butter at room temperature


Method:
  •  Using a whisk to combine the milk, sugar and yeast, stirring to blend.
  • Add the egg, flour and salt mixing until a sticky dough begins to form.
  • Mix in the butter until well blended with no remaining chunks.
  • Now I switched to my mixer with the dough hook and knead on low for about 10 minutes. The dough will be loose and sticky.
  • Butter a large bowl.  Add dough, cover with tea towel and let rise until doubled in a warm place. This will take 1-2 hours.
Filling:
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate 
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tblspn salted butter at room temperature
Method:
  • Chop chocolate pieces with a sharp knife to small coarse pieces.
  • Transfer to the chutney jar of the mixer Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
  •  Set aside.

Egg Wash:
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Method:
  •  Whisk together until well blended.
Assembly:
  • Very generously butter 12 muffin tins or use muffin papers for easier clean up I used silicon moulds.
  • Turn out the dough onto a floured work surface.  
  • Gently depress the center to deflate.  Let rest 5 minutes.
  •  Roll the dough into a 12x20 rectangle.  With flour as needed to prevent sticking.
  • Sprinkle the filling evenly over the dough.
  •  Roll the dough into a tight log.
  • Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces (hint: use dental floss for all this type of cutting.  You get a good clean cut every time.)
  •  Place each piece into you prepared tin or papers.
  • Cover with your tea towel and let rise 30 minutes or so.
  • Preheat oven to 350 /180°C.
  •  After 30 minutes, brush tops with the egg wash.
  •  Sprinkle each with the streusel topping. (If using). (See notes below.)
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and brown around the edges.
  •  Cool completely on wire racks in the tin. (Use the papers so that the babka comes out from the mould whole when warm.)

 Notes:

Streusel Topping: 
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 3 tblspn unsalted butter at room temperature.
  • In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and flour.
Method:

  • Cut the butter in with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs.
  •  Set Aside.


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gooey, gooey muffins, love the flavor of cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright