|Keri Ki Launjee|
Since, I had Marwari neighbours as a kid, this was an opportunity to re- explore old tastes, revive old memories. The process was started by Vaishali I plan to continue…
This Keri ki Launjee is made using unripe mangoes which are good to beat the dessert heat. This preserve, a sweet pickle can be preserved for a long time.
Keri Ki Launjee
Recipe Source: Sanjeev Kapoor
- 1 kg raw mangoes
- 3 tblspn mustard oil( I used rice bran)
- ¾ tsp methi/ fenugreek seeds
- 4 tsp saunf/fennel seeds
- ½ tsp kalonji/onion seeds
- 1 tsp dhania/ coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ¼ cup jaggery
- Peel the mangoes, cut lengthwise the mangoes. remove seeds.
- Heat oil in a kadhai add methi seeds and sauté till they change colour.
- Add the saunf seeds, onion seeds, coriander, chilli and turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the mangoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and ½ cup water. Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Store in glass bottles when cold.
Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!