|Vendakai Melugu Peretti or Spicy Fried Okra|
In my search for the Blogging Marathon recipes I think all my bookmarks had reached an all time low and I was very happy.
Finally had some clearance.
One discovery during this search was Vendakai Melugu Peretti or Spicy Fried Okra from the book “The Taj Magzine.” Needless to say this yummy dish will feature on my menu regularly!
How about you?
Vendakai Melugu Peretti or Spicy Fried Okra
Indian State: Tamil Nadu
Recipe Source: The Taj Magzine
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 250 grms (7-8) small onions
- 50 ml coconut oil ( I used about 3 tblspn of rice bran oil)
- Mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 500 grms ladyfinger or okra, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp amchoor powder (optional)
- Grind the cumin and red chilli to a coarse paste add a little oil and re run the mixer.
- Add the onions and crush to make a rough paste. Add salt.
- Heat the oil; crackle the mustard and the curry leaves.
- Add the onion mixture and lady finger.
- Mix well. Check for seasonings.
- Cook covered till the lady fingers are tender.
- Here I digressed from the recipe and added ½ tsp of amchoor powder to get rid of the sticky look.
- Serve with rotis.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!