As a part of the Blogging Marathon groups we chat plus there are various recipes discussed, well you cannot be a foodie without that can you?
In one such chats there were various idlis discussed. One of the idlis discussed was was Khushboo Idli! Now Khushboo means a pleasant smell in Hindi, so at the back of my mind I kept wondering what an aroma it must be having.
So imagine my surprise when I was told that the idli was named after Khushboo, the actress!! She was and is so famous is something that I was not aware of. Well my GK in the subject of movies is has always been questionable. J
So with apologies to Khushboo and her fans let’s eat Khushboo Idlis. Thanks Veena for this delicious recipe.
How fluffy the idlis are, soft and fluffy is obvious from this picture.
- 4 cups raw rice
- 1 cup urid dal
- ½ cup sago/sabudana
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cooking soda (optional)
- Wash the rice and urid dal.soak them for 12 hours.
- Wash the sago and soak them in lots of water. I had approximately 1 ½ cups water on the sago in leave it again for 12 hours.
- Grind the dal, rice and the sago to a fine paste.
- Leave it to ferment for about 8-12 hours.
- Add the salt and soda if using. Mix well and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!