Sunday, 27 July 2014

Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

By now you know that September and May are busy months for us at Blogging Marathon.

This month round we are blogging International dishes to make things a little difficult we are doing it in an alphabetical order.

 So I am making my dishes for the marathon, for one such dish I made mashed potatoes as a side. I did not expect the girls to go crazy over the mashed potatoes so I made very little… okay, that is an excuse, I ran out of potatoes , the girls went crazy over the mashed potatoes of course they loved the main dish, that was expected !

Since then I make the mashed potatoes regularly!  Here is what I do.


For heavy cream I use the cream that is on the milk after heating it.

Mashed Potatoes

Recipe Source: Simply Recipes
Serves: 4
Ingredients:
  • 4 med. potatoes, boiled
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • Salt and Pepper
  • a few leaves of parsley( optional)
Mashed Potatoes

Method:
  • Peel and mash the potatoes. I prefer to grate them.
  •  Add salt.
  •  Warm the butter and cream together in a pan on the stove.
  •  Add cream and melted butter to the potatoes.  
  •  Use a strong spoon to beat.
  •  Add milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Over-beating will make the potatoes sticky.)
  • Add chopped parsley if using, salt and pepper to taste.
This post is also for the Cookbook Challenge of the month - July 2014, Week 4


Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. here in america we usually make them creamier but I love this all american classic side

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice to know Archana..:)..glad your kids are enjoying your cooking international!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has been pestering me to make mashed potatoes for a while now. Will have to try this for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Arnchana.And now you got me curious on the country!! Will have to wait till the reveal date :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mashed potatos are awesome, my kid will finish them within seconds :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright