This month round we are blogging International dishes to make things a little difficult we are doing it in an alphabetical order.
So I am making my dishes for the marathon, for one such dish I made mashed potatoes as a side. I did not expect the girls to go crazy over the mashed potatoes so I made very little… okay, that is an excuse, I ran out of potatoes , the girls went crazy over the mashed potatoes of course they loved the main dish, that was expected !
For heavy cream I use the cream that is on the milk after heating it.
Recipe Source: Simply Recipes
- 4 med. potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Salt and Pepper
- a few leaves of parsley( optional)
- Peel and mash the potatoes. I prefer to grate them.
- Add salt.
- Warm the butter and cream together in a pan on the stove.
- Add cream and melted butter to the potatoes.
- Use a strong spoon to beat.
- Add milk to achieve the consistency you desire. (Over-beating will make the potatoes sticky.)
- Add chopped parsley if using, salt and pepper to taste.
Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!