For the Blogging Marathon Indian States I had picked up a book form the library called Marwari Vegetarian cooking!
Need I say more?
This was an awesome pickle masala I made and sorry I have no pics of the masala (I will upload the pictures soon as I make the masala again) till then enjoy the flavours here.
Rajasthani Pickle Masala
Recipe Source: Marwari Vegetarian Cooking
- 100 grms split mustard seeds lightly roasted
- 100 grms methi/fenugreek seeds, lightly roasted
- 100 grms dhania/coriander seeds, lightly roasted
- 300 grms red chili powder
- ½ tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
- 1 tsp hing/asafoetida
- ¼ cup oil
- Heat oil till it smokes. Take it off the flame and cool it completely.
- In a bowl combine the split mustard seeds, split fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric, asafoetida and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Store in air tight containers.
Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook Challenge: July -- Week 2'.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!