Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Pad Thai for Thailand

Pad Thai

Again I go back to Wikipedia  which says that , “Thai cuisine is the national cuisine of Thailand. Balance, detail and variety are of paramount significance to Thai chefs. In his book The Principles of Thai Cookery, renowned celebrity chef, writer and authority on Thai cuisine McDang wrote
"What is Thai food? Every country in the world has its own food profile. It reflects its culture, environment, ingenuity and values. In the case of Thailand, these words come to mind: intricacy; attention to detail; texture; color; taste; and the use of ingredients with medicinal benefits, as well as good flavor.

We not only pay attention to how a dish tastes: we are also concerned about how it looks, how it smells, and how it fits in with the rest of the meal. We think of all parts of the meal as a whole - sum rap Thai (the way Thais eat), is the term we use for the unique components that make up a characteristically Thai meal."

Thai cooking places emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and a spicy edge. It is known for its complex interplay of at least three and up to four or five fundamental taste senses in each dish or the overall meal: sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy. Australian chef David Thompson, a prolific chef and expert on Thai food, observed that unlike many other cuisines:
"Thai food ain't about simplicity. It's about the juggling of disparate elements to create a harmonious finish. Like a complex musical chord it's got to have a smooth surface but it doesn't matter what's happening underneath. Simplicity isn't the dictum here, at all. Some westerners think it's a jumble of flavours, but to a Thai that's important, it's the complexity they delight in.”

So this is my attempt at making Thai Food... I have in the past tried my hand at Veggie Thai Curry, A delicious rice in coconut milk( I realize now I have never got down to posting it) and some others that I have forgotten about!!

But this was totally different as I had guests at home my daughter’s friends, making this and the Blintzes taking pics and pouring rain things were in a chaos. Finally I did not get to taste any  of the Pad Thai as the kids had  loved it and finished it all.


My kids are thrilled about it. They keep reminding me that i have not eaten this awesome dish.etc etc.... Well I do want to  eat this instead of drooling over the pics.... This is my entry for Blogging Marathon were we are on a whirlwind tour around the World in 30 days!!

Pad Thai



Vegetarian Pad Thai
Recipe Source: here and here 
Ingredients:
  • 1 ½   cups flat rice noodles
  • 4 tbsp oil
  • ½  tblspn garlic, chopped
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 1 cup cabbage, finely sliced
  • 4-5 baby corn, sliced
  • 3 tbsp peanuts roasted and roughly chopped
  • ¾   cup paneer  cubes ( I did not use)
  • 1 tbsp soya sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • Salt to taste
  • ¼  cup chopped spring onion greens
For The Garnish:
  • 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
  • 1 tbsp  spring onion greens, chopped
  • 1 tbsp  coriander (dhania) , chopped

Method:

  •  In large bowl soak rice noodles in warm water to cover until they are limp and white, about 45 minutes in my case. Please follow the instructions of your package.
  • While noodles are soaking mix lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Set aside.
  •  In kadhai/wok  heat oil over high heat.
  • Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds.
  • Add the beans sprouts, then add carrot strips and green onions and stir-fry 1 minute.
  • Add peanuts and baby corn, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
  • Add lime juice mixture.
  • Drain noodles and   add to kadhai/ wok along with the cabbage.
  • Cook covered  until they soften and curl, about 1 minute.
  • Divide mixture among serving plates, sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with a slice of lime and coriander.
Pad Thai



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44




Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Pad Thai has a such a great mix of flavors! Sorry you didn't get any. It gives you an excuse to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that you did not get to taste but am glad you found an awesome recipe to please the guest. Pad Thai is one the most known and popular Thai dish. Nice pick for this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pad thai is my weakness, i can have it anytime.. am in love with ur plate, they looks simply awesome Archana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choice for Thailand. As Varada mentioned, it gives an excuse for you to try it again to please yourself and I bet your family would be glad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pad thai is something that I have been meaning to make Archana..you must make it again and enjoy!..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my husband's fav!! I somehow never got to make this for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my absolute favorite noodle/ Thai dish..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so colourful and absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav. Pad thai... Looks inviting and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite dishes and its been ages since I made / ate this dish..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pad thai looks delicious .My favorite ..

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright