Still cannot write much about Yemen later maybe when my arm feels a part of my body…
For Ushar I used regular lemon pickle.
Bataat Abu Humar Adanee /Adeni potatoes with red chilli and tamarind sauce
Recipe Source: Here
To serve: 4-5 people
- 1 kg about 15-20 small potatoes
- A small lemon sized ball of tamarind soak in water
- 4 red chillies soaked in warm water
- 3 tblspn of ‘ushar (pickled lemon)–optional
- Salt to taste
- 3 tblspn of oil
- Dhania/ coriander , chopped for garnish
- Blend the red chillies in the chutney pot of the blender.
- In a pot boil the potatoes until soft. They should not be mushy.
- Drop the potatoes in cold water to stop further cooking. Peel the potatoes if you feel like but halve them.
- Then in a pot under medium high heat add the oil and the red chilli mixture.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the pickled lemons, and the tamarind and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt, potatoes and half a cup of water and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
|Bataat Abu Humar Adanee|
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!