Saturday, 18 October 2014

Home Remedies for Cough and Cold Honey and Lemon

Home Remedies for Cough and Cold Honey and Lemon 

My kids do not easily take to home remedies. They distrust them and look at them as some torture weapons that I have in my arsenal.

In fact once when my elder one was small she had severe stomachache, and I had a tough time convincing her and her father that warming ajwain in a kitchen napkin over a tava, then lightly applying it to the tummy will relieve the kid of pain.I am sorry to say I lost my temper with both of them. But when the kid felt better both of them grudgingly accepted that I know some medicine.

Then her pediatrician told them that some of the home remedies are good and she listed out some of them the chief being hot water and lemon with honey for a cold.

I love to add tulsi/holy basil when I am boiling the water. In Goa when a child is small they also add black raisins called pasa here. 

I make this and have a lot of takers now that it has the doctor’s seal.
Home Remedies for Cough and Cold Honey and Lemon 

Honey and Lemon 

Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ cup water
  • 4-5 leaves of tulsi/holy basil
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tblspn honey
  • 4-5 black raisins (if using)

Method:
  • Boil the water with the black raisins (if using) and tulsi leaves reduce it to 1 cup.
  • Add the honey and lemon stir well.
  • Drink up hot.

Note:
  • Never heat lemon juice as boiling water breaks up the Vit. C molecules hence add to the water in the end.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 45



Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

 Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I want a cup of this home remedy rite now.. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good tip Archana...will try it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing combo. I like this a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addition of raisins i new but otherwise we rely on this in the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soothing and medicinal tea. Addition of raisins sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a combination that always helps a cold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again another lovely tip .Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use tulasi tea but raisins very new will sure give a try nice remedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this simple tea. Will keep in mind in case..

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very powerful too to have in your arsenal :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright